Anyone can call themselves a consultant, but not everyone can bring the unique insight into that role that comes from 19 years of personal experience of dementia and related health and social care services.
Combine that over 6 years of professional experience as a consultant working in health and social care services, and you can be assured that I bring a wealth of knowledge, understanding and a diverse skillset to your organisation, whether you are looking for advice and support for a one-off or ongoing project, training and mentoring for your staff, or something completely bespoke designed what you and your organisation need.
I bring an exemplary communications ability, and the respect of key individual and organisational stakeholders, ensuring you benefit from everything you’d expect from a multi-dimensional Expert by Experience.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Personal insight, not just from my father’s 19 years with dementia but from the multitude of other people I’ve met who are ageing / living with dementia and their families
- Extensive network and database of resources that enables me to signpost to numerous fantastic initiatives, projects and organisations that I work alongside
- Ability to train health and social care staff to deliver positive, impactful change
- Empathetic mentor who can support staff to bridge skills shortages or respond to specific difficulties
- Excellent communicator with professionals working at all levels of care and support